Apply at Don's Moving & Storage
Responsible for driving the truck or van to and from the office and job sites and to lead the team of movers while on the job sites by performing the following duties.
- Drives tractor-trailer, straight truck, and pack vans with a valid CDL license.*
- Communicates and leads crew and direct helpers and loaders.*
- Responsible for inventorying shipments.*
- Pads, protects, lifts, and carries furniture, appliances, and boxes safely.*
- Helps with packing when necessary.*
- Maintains a though understanding of all moving roles, capacities, and responsibilities.*
- Maintains good customer relations.*
- Collects payment for shipments and remits sum to company.*
- Reads and understands Department of Transportation regulations.*
- Completes driver logs and turns them in.*
- Completes and maintains an inventory, bill of lading, and all other shipping documents.*
- Reports to work and job sites on time.
- Practices good hygiene and shows up to work in proper uniform.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises employees in the Packers, Helpers, and Loaders Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Customer service skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to be responsible and work unsupervised
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid CDL driver's license
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and distance vision.