Moving with professionals is supposed to make the relocation process easy and stress-free, and it can be when you choose the right Albany residential movers. However, picking the wrong Albany moving company will only add stress when you have to deal with missing or broken items, delayed shipments and hidden fees.
To help you decide what professional moving company is right for you, Don’s Moving & Storage has the following tips.
Know What Moving Services You Need
Moving is not one size fits all. When considering your moving company, you first have to determine what requirements you have. The questions below will help you figure out what needs you have, so you may discuss options with prospective movers.
- Do you need basic relocation services or full-service moving?
- Are you going to pack your items or use professional packers? Can you select fragile-only moving for high value or delicate items, such as antiques and fine art?
- How much time do you have before your moving date? Are you hiring months in advance for a thoroughly planned-out move? Did your house sell far more quickly than anticipated, giving you incredibly short notice that you need to move?
- Is your move local, long distance or international? Do you need things like vehicle shipping or help with customs clearance?
- Do you need storage? If so, will you need short-term or long-term storage services?
The more you understand your needs, the better your Albany movers can accommodate you.
Check the Moving Company Affiliations
When comparing Albany moving companies, check to see what affiliations each company has. Be on the lookout for things like membership with the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA), van line affiliation, accreditation with the Better Business Bureau and any other pertinent qualifications and certifications.
You also want to be sure the company is licensed, and you should check the U.S. DOT number that the company provides you to make sure they are reputable movers.
Also, read reviews both on the company’s website and on helpful consumer sites such as Angie’s List to see what former customers have to say.
Planning an upcoming relocation? Look to Don’s Moving & Storage to take the anxiety and hassle out of the moving process. For more information regarding our services, give us a call today or fill out our quick online form to request a free estimate.