There’s no question about it: Western Vermont—and its hub city, Bennington—is one of the most beautiful regions in the country. Surrounded by the Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National Forests, Bennington is home to stunning scenery and exciting outdoor adventures.
If you’re planning to relocate your family or business to this picturesque area, make your trip easier by heeding the advice of our experienced Bennington movers!
Four Tips for Moving to Western Vermont
1. Consider the climate.
If you talk to any movers in Bennington, you’ll find that the most common tip is to start early—especially when it comes to planning your moving date. If you have any control over the timing of your move, you’ll probably want to schedule it in the relatively temperate months between May and October.
2. Learn about your new state.
Depending on where you’re coming from, you may find Vermont to be quite unlike your home state. You can make the transition easier by researching what to expect. For instance, here are just a few facts about Vermont that may surprise you:
- It’s the second-least populated state in the country, only after Wyoming. The state’s rural nature may mean that you’ll be driving a lot more than you’re used to.
- Vermont has many dirt roads, which may make it more difficult to reach your new home if the weather is rainy. It’ll help to have a clear map and a vehicle that can handle potentially hazardous roadways.
- Compared to many states, Vermont has higher taxes. For financial planning purposes, consider consulting with a tax professional.
3. Make sure your new house is move-in ready.
This tip goes for any big move, but it’s especially important given the unpredictable climate of Western Vermont. Several weeks before your relocation, you should double-check that your new residence is ready by completing the following tasks:
- Complete your USPS change of address form.
- Call your new utility providers to verify that your gas and electricity will be turned on at the correct time and date.
- Research local supermarkets and home improvement stores so you’ll know where to go when you inevitably need a last-minute item.
- Make sure you have the keys! (Or have a plan to pick them up from your realtor.)
- If you’re hiring Bennington movers, ensure that you understand the schedule and have a clear point-of-contact throughout the trip.
4. Enjoy the journey!
Whether you’re moving your family or your business, you should be able to enjoy this exciting life transition—and nothing will let you relax like the help of professional movers in Bennington. By leaving your project to the pros, you can get the exact level of service you want, from basic packing and loading to door-to-door move management.
Need Movers in Bennington? Call Don’s Moving & Storage!
At Don’s Moving & Storage, we’ve been helping companies and households move across the United States since 1952. Although our geographic reach is extensive, our headquarters are located just across state lines in Albany, giving us particular expertise in the greater New York-Vermont area. For simple and affordable moves throughout NY's Capital District and Vermont's Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National Forest region, count on Don’s!
Give our movers in Bennington a call to learn more about our local and interstate moving services, or go ahead and request your free, no-obligation cost estimate by completing our quick online form now
- Vermont movers